Friday, January 25

Blog spot


  Style Diaries 

Nails: Barry M Purple Prickle & Models Own nail art pen 

I first got into reading blogs probably about a year ago now, so not really that long. There was an article in Company on who had won awards and I liked LLYMLRS's ombred hair (before everyone had it, remember that?) and noticed that where she was living at the time was near my hometown. From there I started reading all the big high street type blogs like What Olivia Did, and VIPXO.
Since then blogging has got so so big, bigger than I think anyone would of predicted with books now out on how to make the perfect blog. Blog Inc. is a fascinating read, with actually useful hints, most of which I could of learnt from looking at the most successful blogs for inspiration, but it's always nice to have someone do all the work for you!
Company magazine in particular really has jumped on board with the blog trend, I can't remember the last issue that didn't include someone I recognised. The January issue in particular got a lot of criticism for its seemingly mocking attitude towards many of the bloggers that read, and even are in the magazine. Its infamous "//:do you speak blog" article was, I'd assume, a joke but it very closely bordered on the edge of offensive. There has to come a point where you look back and think "hey, it's only a photo of my clothes and make up on the interenet, chill out." 
I love reading blogs, and I love blogging even though I'd never ever call myself a blogger, cringe. 

11 comments:

  1. I thought 'Do you speak blog?' was ridiculous too, and found it to be completely mocking even though they were praising all the bloggers in the actual issue. The things like how everyone MUST have a really good DSLR and an apple mac, it's ridiculous and it felt like they were grouping us together in one big clan. I usually love Company but I thought that little feature was pathetic.

    You'll have to let me know how Blog, Inc is, I've had my eye on it for ages! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it was so offensive to majority of people who read their magazine! No idea why they published it. I'll let you know what I think of Blog Inc once I've finished it, so far though it seems like it's mainly for beginners at blogging, so I doubt you'd need it! It is interesting though as it has lots of interviews with bloggers :)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read blog inc! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say it's worth a purchase, I think it's on sale in Urban Outfitters atm too! :)

      I couldn't find the button to follow you back but I love your blog, it's bookmarked!

      xxxx

      Delete
  4. I'm really intrigued to give this book a read too. How much is it on sale for hun?

    I just found your blog whilst on a little blog hop and am now following you, so thought I would stop by and say hi :) xx

    betweentodaytomorrow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't remember! A friend lent me her copy after we saw it and I said I wanted it! It's probably still cheaper than UO on Amazon though!
      Aw thank you sweet, I've followed yours back, I hardly follow any music blogs even though they're my favourite! xxxx

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really cannot decide whether to buy Blog Inc! I'm intriegued to see this article now too, doesn't sound too nice from what you've said! xx

    http://paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good book :) the more I read it the more I'd recomend it! xxxx

      Delete
  7. I know its out of topic but I love your nails <3<3
    http://thesweetmonster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! they were pretty easy :)
      love your blog, its so sweet

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments, if you would like a quicker reply tweet me @chloetea_