Tuesday, April 16

Sort the straw


First things first, I'm posting this straight from my brand new tablet! I got the Nexus Google one (life of not affording an iPad, sigh) but I'm really enjoying playing with all the extra features android offers compared to my iPhone.
Anyway, geek point over. Hair care. I've been obsessed with looking after my hair ever since I had it bleached in year 8 of school, dyed it all the time and straightened it three times a day (seriously.) So after all that abuse, its safe to say I've always had to make an effort to get it back from the straw its resembled ever since. I love reading your posts about hair care, I'm forever lusting after the expensive oils you bloggers use. I've come up with a few tips of what I've changed to my hair routine to keep it healthy.
1. HEAT PROTECTION. Yes, that needed to be capitalised, it's that important. You wouldn't put your hand in the oven with out an oven mitt on, same principle. (The period of time I straightened my hair three times a day, I didn't, ouch)
2. I've quit washing my hair every day, which was so so difficult as I have forever! But it actually stays clean so much longer now I only wash it every other day, I've heard your hair gets used to how often it is washed. Clever hair.
3. Oils. They make such an immediate effect, and really do make a difference.
4. Get a tangle teezer, it really makes brushing so much easier, I love mine, despite the price tag.
Also, but I'm not going to include it as a tip as it is quite expensive and I'm not sure if I'm going to repurchase yet, the Lee Stafford hair growth treatment is so good if you're trying to grow your hair as you massage it into the roots rather than the ends. I've started using it in my fringe at every wash and I can really tell the difference.
Hope you like this post, I have no idea how its going to look after posting it on my tablet, please comment some more hair tips as I still have a way to go to make it look more like hair than straw!

3 comments:

  1. I'm trying to grow my hair and the Lee Stafford stuff is brilliant. Definitely think I need to purchase a hair oil xo.

    student-stylexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Tangle teezers are a life saver!
    Hannah xx
    www.hannahelleni.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chloe, awesome tips - especially not washing your hair every day! You've pretty much covered everything I suggest to people, except I also really like to use sulfate-free shampoos/conditioners (L'oréal Paris has a line of Sulfate-free smoothing system shampoo/conditioners called "Ever____". I picked up The EverSleek conditioner for chemically straightened/damaged hair from Walmart along with the EverPure for coloured hair shampoo and they did absolute wonders for my extremely damaged hair! But I also hear shampoos with Moroccan or coconut oils are wonderful as well. Have a great day!

    Imagine Lace
    Ash :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, if you would like a quicker reply tweet me @chloetea_