Tuesday, September 10

Shopping the stash



After discovering I had two big Ikea bags full of clothes I don't want, yes two, I was left with a lot of guilt. Guilt especially when I realised I'd had a skirt I'd bought from Berlin last August and still not got around to tailoring to fit me. It was from a sweet little second hand shop type place and although I knew it'd be far too big for me I loved the print and length so couldn't leave it. After a quick sew, seriously it took me about 10 minutes and I've been putting it off for over a year, I now love my 'new' skirt. Because it's quite a statement peice for me, I put it with a black tshirt and tan brogues so it wasn't 'too much.' With that said, I think it's always best to wear clothes that aren't your usual style when you're in a comfortable position. What you might feel great in to go for a cup of tea with a friend, might feel awful on a first date. On a completely different topic, I bowed down to peer pressure and bought The Fault in Our Stars. I can't decide if I like it yet, it's very teen angst, but I guess it's well written teen angst.

1 comment:

  1. i honestly adore that skirt, i'm really glad for you (i know this is odd but still...) that you altered it because it's so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, if you would like a quicker reply tweet me @chloetea_