Saturday, December 28

Why don’t I like Lorde?


I’ve tried. I really have. But I just can’t like Lorde, and I have no idea why. It’s the same as a person who loves chocolate having an odd aversion to Dairy Milk. If you looked at the ‘related artists’, those similar to her, I’d love them all. Lana, Boy, Florence, Marina, Bat For Lashes, Foxes, Dillon, MS MR, London Grammar, Eliza, Haim; you name it, I like it. So why do I dislike Lorde?
Maybe it’s because she’s nothing new, maybe it’s because there’s no room in the inn for another Topshop-princess-a-rock star-too, or maybe I’m just jealous of her Merida hair and insane talent for liquid eyeliner. Whatever it is, maybe times are changing on the genre of my iTunes, and maybe that’s not a bad thing. 

3 comments:

  1. Finally, someone not on the Lorde train. I've tried to like her but I just can't seem to. She's definitely very talented but just not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! She's not bad at all, just don't like her!

      Delete
  2. i agree, she's definitely talented and quite pretty but i can't like her music. i tried too! i've put royals on a couple of times, i've never made it to the end of the song. its just yawn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, if you would like a quicker reply tweet me @chloetea_